Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mike and Rosemary (Rosy) Curtis Neider



Hi cousins! I am Rosemary Curtis Neider. I am married to Michael A. Neider. I am the daughter of Carrol Romney Curtis, youngest child of Park and Vilate Lee Romney.
This is our family at our son's wedding in 2006. Back row, left to right: Kirstin Knapp, Carrol Norton, Mike and I, Curtis Boyd Neider, Heidi Neider, Nicole Sargent. Front row, left to right: Donna Neider, Jamie Jensen and Michael Neider Jr., Natalie Neider.
We live in Sandy, Utah with our youngest daughter Donna (16 yrs.) and she attends Skyline High School. Curt recently graduated from BYU and married Kelsie Neeley. Heidi graduated from the "U" and now lives with friends in Midvale, Ut. Natalie attends Utah State as a freshman. Nicole and Nate Sargent live in Heber, Utah with their soon to be 5 children. Carrol and Mike Norton live with their 5 children in Gig Harbor, WA. Kirstin and Mike Knapp live in Taylorsville with their two children. Mike and Jamie have a new baby Annie!
I want you to know that I have always loved being a "Romney".
I loved going to the cemetary on Memorial Day as cousins
and then going up the canyon for breakfast.
Grandmother Vilate Romney has always been an important part of my life.
I still remember when I was 12 years old, standing on the corner of Temple Square
and admiring the temple while I ate my first sherbet.
It was evening and the lights were on. We then went back to her apartment to sleep.
She taught me to crochet on Sunday afternoons (after she recovered from the wild
convertible ride with me through unnecesary neighborhoods.) Was she ever a good sport!
I don't remember ever hearing her complain unless
it was the sadness she felt at losing my mother at such a young age.
I honor her memory as well as those of dear aunts, uncles and cousins that have passed on.
I look forward to celebrating the lives of our grandparents with you in October.
PLEASE COME to our reunion and let me give you a hug!
Much love, Rosemary

No comments: